Who we’re looking for
The van driver assumes the responsibility of safely transporting members of the School community from one location to the next. They hold supreme the physical well-being and safety of all community members, as they transport students and faculty members to and from School, games, activities, and field trips. Duties will include completing vehicle inspections to ensure that the vans receive routine maintenance with regards to fuel/oil levels and tire pressure. The driver will also ensure that the van is cleaned on a consistent basis, and encourages all community members to participate in the upkeep of the vans.
Passenger Van Driver Responsibilities:
● Morning transportation for students to School as requested;
● Afternoon transportation for students and faculty to sports, extracurricular activities, and field trips;
○ Offer suggestions around the most optimal routes;
● Ensure on time arrival for all scheduled trips;
● Remain focused on the road and driving during all trips;
● Maintain mileage records;
● Complete regular vehicle maintenance;
● Organize and schedule van usage;
● Connect with the supervisor to schedule repairs that do not interfere with student and faculty transportation needs;
● Comfortability driving 15 passenger vans;
● Other duties as assigned
Campus Assistant Responsibilities:
● Maintain appropriate boundaries with all SLA students, faculty, and families;
● Engage in respectful and positive communication with all SLA community members;
● Supervise students during before school, lunch, and after school activities to ensure student safety;
● Monitor classroom dismissal activities regularly to ensure that all students participate in Chapel Commons and Lunch;
● Communicate student incidents to the supervisor and appropriate administrator
● Assist with classroom coverage and support as needed
○ Willingly transport necessary materials between classrooms and buildings
● Offer coverage for members of the security team as needed
○ Help students cross the street between buildings, and locate students during drop-off and pickup as needed
● Daily tents and chair configuration setup for Chapel, Commons, Lunch, and Faculty meetings as directed by the Director of Facilities
● Perform campus beautification tasks as requested
● Communicate effectively with the supervisor regarding work attendance
● Follow SLA campus safety guidelines and procedures
● Run administrative errands as requested by the supervisor or administrators
○ Assist with donation of lost and found, tablecloth laundering, and other tasks as assigned
● Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with community members
● Complete mandated trainings as required by state and school protocols
● Provide live on-site translation for Student Led Conferences, and brief parent/community member interactions
○ Translate emails and live events as necessary
● Assist the Director of Facilities and Campus Security, as needed;
● Other duties as assigned;
● Valid CA commercial driver’s license with passenger endorsement
● Proficiency with using GPS services
● Preferred one year of driving experience
● Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
● Able to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
● Able to establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships with other employees, students, families, guests, and others who interact with the School.
● Able to lift supplies and materials weighing up to 75 pounds
● COVID-19 vaccine and booster shot required
Compensation and Benefits:
● Anticipated base compensation is between $23.00 per hour to $29.00 per hour.
● Lunch is freshly prepared and shared family-style by faculty and students each day.
● Beyond competitive pay, staff enjoy working in a student-centered, collaborative, and joyful learning community.
Please send a resume and brief cover letter with the subject line “Van Driver” to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a part-time, non-exempt position. Diverse and traditionally underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present