The Archer School for Girls is seeking qualified, experienced candidates for the position of School Counselor, beginning in Summer 2023. The Counselor provides direct and indirect services to Upper School and Middle School students to help them develop strategies for handling social-emotional challenges that may interfere with their education. Working alongside families and staff, the counselor facilitates communication among all involved constituents, including a student’s outside support team should there be one involved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of current Girls Adolescent Development theories that support the Archer mission and philosophy. Brain based, self-directed learning etc. Expertise in adolescent development for girls in 6th-12th grade
· Knowledge of clinical issues, learning disabilities, and developmental issues that commonly affect Adolescents
· Ability to offer and support cognitive behavioral skills and strategies
· Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to collaborate well with others
· Individual and group counseling skills
· Trainings in Social Emotional (SEL) Learning
· Understanding of trauma in school communities
· Enjoyment in working with children and adolescents
· Ability to work well under pressure, and balance immediate as well as ongoing issues and concerns
· Ability and desire to iterate and develop systems and programs to meet our students’ needs
· Sense of humor, optimism, and self-awareness
Education and/or Experience
Masters or PhD. in Psychology or Counseling. California Licensed LMFT, LCSW, LPCC or PhD. or PsyD.. At least 5 years experience working with adolescents in a school and counseling setting.
Beyond competitive pay and benefits, employees enjoy working in a highly collegial, student-focused, and joyful learning community. We seek employees who will contribute to an equitable and just learning environment. Integral to our mission, Archer has remained passionately committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive community where all students can thrive personally and academically.
Annual Salary Range: $90,000 - $125,000
To apply, please click on the link below:
No phone calls, please. More information on Archer can be found at www.archer.org. The Archer School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present