Located in Pasadena, California, Westridge is a forward-thinking independent school for girls in grades 4-12 that emphasizes adventurous thinking, courageous, compassionate leadership, and equity and inclusion. Our school community is vibrant and diverse and grounded in the commitment to goodness in all aspects of life and learning. We balance challenging academics and a focus on leadership development with a priority on social emotional wellness, development of one’s sense of self, values, and goals, and thoughtful consideration of individuals’ responsibilities to others and the world.
Westridge School is seeking an administrative assistant to support the fundraising efforts of our advancement department, which includes fundraising, alumni relations, and parent relations. The ideal candidate is extremely well organized with impeccable follow through and a keen eye for detail. They will handle the planning and execution of alumni events, as well as other administrative duties. This position reports to the director of advancement and is part of a six-person team working on campus (not remote).
Specific Responsibilities Include:
· Plan and handle logistics for donor and alumni meetings, activities, and events on campus, such as alumni weekend, small receptions, and other gatherings
· Identify sites and plan off-site events locally and in regions such as San Francisco or New York
· Update and send donor proposals, stewardship reports and other donor correspondence
· Conduct prospect research and prepare profiles
· Prepare materials for committee meetings; take minutes when needed
· Coordinate with communications department on lists and collateral materials, both print and digital
· Schedule events on the master calendar, submit set-up requests, and coordinate team meetings
· Design, prepare, and send in-house mailings
· Process daily mail, including checks, and order supplies
· Submit payment requests and handle expense reports
· Provide back up support to other department staff, and general assistance to team as needed
- · Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- · 3-5 years administrative and event experience, preferably in a fundraising environment
· Fluency in another language, such as Spanish, highly desirable
· Demonstrated experience planning events, handling logistics and dealing with vendors
- · Highly organized with sharp attention to detail, and ability to anticipate needs and problem solve
- · Ability to manage multiple projects at once and see a project through from beginning to completion
- · Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
· Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook); experience with Raiser’s Edge or other donor database, or software such as InDesign a plus
- · Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement and maintain confidentiality
- · Team player, with positive attitude
· Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job, which includes assisting with event set-up and breakdown. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- · Criminal background check and clearance required.
Salary and Schedule:
This is a permanent, full-time, non-exempt position with an hourly salary between $24.03 and $30.29 (annual salary range of $50,000 - $63,000). Flexibility is required to work different hours for special events, such as occasional evenings, weekends, or morning meetings when necessary.
Send cover letter, resume, and references to Jobs@Westridge.org. Include “Advancement Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
Westridge School is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are evaluated without consideration of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. For more information: www.westridge.org