Westmark School is currently seeking a Middle School Mathematics Teacher. Our ideal candidate will possess the knowledge base and passion for teaching students, preferably with language-based learning differences, and be able to organize and implement an instructional program that will capitalize on student strengths and be in accordance with Westmark School’s mission.
● Teaches middle school mathematics classes to students with language-based learning differences;
● Plans and implements mathematics curriculum;
● Submit weekly lesson plans, integrating technology into the curriculum;
● Maintains class PowerSchool page; regularly updates and posts to PowerSchool class grade book;
● Uses behavior management systems that are effective with students with language-based learning differences;
● Provides a positive environment that encourages students to actively participate in their learning;
● Communicates regularly with the MS Division Director to discuss student progress;
● Models professional and ethical standards when interacting with students, parents, peers, and the community;
● Works collaboratively with team members to develop new mathematics curricular offerings; and
● Additional duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, education, or related field
● Strong desire to teach students with language-based learning differences
● Knowledge of multi-sensory teaching methodologies
● Experience with technology, specifically iPads, PCs, and SMART Technologies
● Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
● Strong organization and time-management skills
● Desire to continue to develop professionally by learning new programs and methodologies
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions for the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit in on meetings and work on a computer for long periods; and is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please submit a letter of interest and your resume to the attention of Stephanie Sztanski, Human Resources Director. No phone calls, please.
5461 Louise Avenue | Encino, CA 91316
Westmark School is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit and job performance. School policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions (including genetic characteristics or information), sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, and local laws.
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present