Job Title: Technology Support Specialist
Department: Academic Resource Center
Reports To: Director of Technology and Digital Education
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Revised: January 11, 2021
To Apply: If you would like to apply for this position, please access the link to our online application management system at http://www.marlborough.org/about/employment
Marlborough School seeks a Technology Support Specialist to join the Academic Resource Center Team. The position works closely with the Academic Resource Team to support classroom and administrative technology both in-person and remotely. Additionally, the position supports the day-to-day operation of the School’s networks, computer systems, iPad users, and data communication systems. The ideal candidate would have experience in a secondary or collegiate school setting, specifically in supporting diverse school constituents, including students, faculty, staff, and parents.
● Work with members of the Academic Resource Center Team to support diverse user needs and to serve as a technical resource for employees, students, parents, and other constituents as needed.
● Stay current on new trends in technology including the areas of virtualization, security, and data recovery.
● Monitor scheduled jobs and computer output for completeness, accuracy, and errors.
● Log all computer, terminal, and printer hardware/software problems using FreshService.
● Configure and maintain Microsoft Active Directory.
● Maintain all data used for redundancy efforts and assist with remediation efforts resulting from test findings and risk assessments.
● Create scripts for automation of common tasks.
● Interface with vendors as needed to resolve issues and maintain relationships.
● Perform other departmental duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
● Experience in and passion for working in an educational environment.
● Demonstrated knowledge and experience with current Server and Client operating systems, including JAMF/Casper Pro for Apple Device management and configuration, including iPad management.
● Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
● Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Blackbaud K-12 systems.
● Demonstrated knowledge and experience with library systems preferred but not necessary.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● Resourceful problem-solver with proven record of maintaining confidentiality and sound judgement.
● Highly organized with the ability to work successfully either independently or in collaborative groups, and to work in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple priorities/deadlines.
● Demonstrated experience working with constituents and vendors in person or over the phone.
Qualifications and Other Requirements
● Bachelor’s of Arts or Science Degree preferred, ideally in Computer Information Systems or related Information Technology (IT) field or specialization (professional certification may be considered as a substitute for degree requirement).
● Minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in the field of IT or related field, including G-Suite for Education.
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the candidate would be regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and see, talk or hear. The candidate would be frequently required to stand, walk, carry or pull. The candidate may be required to climb, bend or squat on occasion. The candidate should be able to regularly lift and/or move 20-35 pounds and occasionally lift or pull 35-80 pounds.
Marlborough values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. Marlborough provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present