Position Title: Accounting Associate for Business Office
Department: Business Office
Reports to: Director of Finance
Duration: 12 months
FLSA (Exempt/Non-exempt): Non-Exempt
Pay Rate or Hiring Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
About Presentation High School:
Presentation High School is a Catholic, college preparatory school for young women. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a close-knit professional community. We seek talented and innovative professionals who have a commitment to excellence.
Presentation High School in San Jose, California is seeking a full-time Accounting Associate to join the Business Office staff. This position is responsible for providing financial and administrative support to the organization in a timely and efficient manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
● Processes business office transactions, including purchasing, accounts payable, payroll and/or accounts receivable
● Ensures accuracy of financial records, timely and efficient processing of transactions
● Records accounting transactions in ledgers using financial databases, spreadsheets and software
● Performs account reconciliations, researching and resolving discrepancies
● Compiles and produces accounting reports and summaries
● Assists in preparation for audit
● Other duties and special projects as assigned
● Recommends initiatives and implements changes to improve quality and services.
● Identifies and determines cause of problems; develops and presents recommendations for improvement of established processes and practices.
● Maintains contact with students, parents, administration, and/or other stakeholders and solicits feedback for improved services.
● Maximizes productivity through use of appropriate tools, planned training and performance initiatives.
● Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow.
● Prepares progress reports, informs supervisor of project status, and deviation from goals. Ensures completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all operational functions.
● Prepares and submits reports as requested and required.
● Develops and implements guidelines to support the functions of the unit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience required or preferred.
This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment and to promote and contribute to an inclusive and respectful workplace.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
● AA in Accounting plus a minimum of 4 years of related experience; BA in Accounting preferred
● Familiarity with Google applications and MS Excel
● Strong data entry skills
● Professional manner
● A commitment to the mission and educational philosophy of Presentation High School.
● Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
● Excellent organization, verbal and written skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills.
● Available and willing to work occasional co-curricular events.
● A willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the Presentation community
● Team player
● Excellent analytical, computational and mathematical abilities
● Proficiency in accounting programs and related software
● Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
● High level of integrity and trustworthiness
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Required education and experience:
● AA in Accounting plus a minimum of 4 years of related experience; BA in Accounting preferred. Or a combination of commensurate education and experience.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, the California Fair Employment & Housing Act, and all other applicable laws, Presentation High School provides reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities. A qualified individual is a person who meets skill, experience, education, or other requirements of the position, and who can perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
● Considerable time is spent at a desk using a computer terminal.
● May be required to travel to other buildings on the campus.
● May be required to attend conference and training sessions within Bay Area or in- or out-of-state locations.
● May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
● Typical office environment
● Mostly indoor office environment with windows
● Offices with equipment noise
● Offices with frequent interruptions
Presentation High School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected category in accordance with applicable law. The school will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.
Interested applicants are asked to download the appropriate application https://www.presentationhs.org/about-us/employment-opportunities
Complete the non-teaching application and email your application, a letter of interest/cover letter, resume, and contact list of three professional references to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted through September 18, 2020 or until job posting is removed. Qualified applicants will be contacted regarding next steps.
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present