Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
SUMMARY: The Sr Accountant is responsible for much of the accounting and business office policies and procedures. The Sr Accountant helps to maintain strong internal controls to protect the assets of the school and effective transaction processing routines and which result in meaningful, timely, and accurate financial reporting. The Sr Accountant interacts closely with all constituents of the School and communicates information to parents, faculty, and staff members. The Sr Accountant has knowledge of accounting and ideally business office operations. Reports to the Director of Finance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
● Serves as accounting software in-house expert, attending training classes, and maintaining the system.
● Assists the Director of Finance in monitoring the annual operating budget. Prepares variance and analysis reports as requested. Assists the Director of Finance with data analysis of payroll and benefit costs. Provides support and information to faculty, staff, parent volunteers and parents regarding business and accounting
● Coordinates preparation of schedules and documents for the annual audit.
● Ensures compliance with tax filings, professional standards, and internal policies.
● Provides accurate and timely financial and management reports.
● Ensure accuracy of Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, and Raiser's Edge (data managed by Development office.)
● Responsible for the online re-enrollment and annual tuition billing processes in FACTS Tuition Management
● Oversees liaison with the Advancement office to ensure fundraising software transactions are accurately transferred to General Ledger.
● Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Experience in accounting required; Bachelor's in accounting or finance preferred. Experience may substitute for a degree. At least three years of proven experience, preferably in a school or non-profit. Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge and Raiser's Edge is also preferred.
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS: Demonstrates personal integrity, friendliness, patience, fairness, openness, non-defensiveness, sensitivity, flexibility, and enthusiasm. Hands-on, efficient, resourceful, hardworking and energetic
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret written documents, write reports and letters to parents and others. Ability to verbally present information and communicate with parents, colleagues, and supervisors.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Outstanding accounting software and computer skills (EXCEL & Word). Ability to use computer technology to input accounting data, write reports and spreadsheets, compose letters, and send e-mails.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions: The employee is required to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to moderate to noisy.
Submit resume to HR@WesleySchool.org
ABOUT THE WESLEY SCHOOL
The Wesley School is a coeducational K-8 independent day school in North Hollywood. Established in 1999, we honor timeless traditions and pride ourselves on our caring, welcoming, and diverse community. Here, we offer individual attention and small instructional groups, all the while nurturing relationships, developing globally-minded citizens, and demanding every student’s personal best. Our dedicated faculty, low student-to-teacher ratio, and wonderful learning community further set us apart, as do the smiles on our children’s faces when they willingly participate in everything from classroom discussions to public speaking opportunities.