Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
The College Preparatory School seeks a full-time Admissions Associate. This non-exempt entry-level position provides support to the admissions team in all aspects of recruitment, admissions, enrollment, and financial aid. The Admissions Associate is an integral member of the admissions team and is the first point of contact for families and other constituents seeking information about College Prep. This is a high profile, public facing position. While reporting to the admissions department, the Admissions Associate will also provide administrative and data management support to the main office. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, patient, detail oriented, friendly, and excited to learn. Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment are essential. Some evening and weekend hours required.
Responsibilities: Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Assist and represent College Prep during daily visits, school fairs, Open Houses, and other information sessions both on and off campus
● Assist admissions team with event planning and execution
● Assist with outreach and recruitment efforts, which may include developing social media presence
● Serve on the Admissions Committee, evaluate candidates
● Provide general office support
● Manage databases
● Perform other work-related duties as assigned by the admissions team
● Administrative assistance to other offices as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
● Bachelor’s degree prefered
● Ability to work with high school students and parent volunteers
● Exceptional people skills and phone etiquette
● Very strong computer skills, working knowledge of MS Word and strong Excel are required
● Ability to complete projects in a timely, organized fashion
● Ability to work collaboratively and independently
● Strong cross-cultural interpersonal skills
● Bilingual Spanish/English abilities prefered
Candidates should be eager to embrace spirited intellectual challenges in a rewarding academic environment. Our mission is to prepare students for productive, ethical lives in college and beyond by fostering a stimulating education within an atmosphere of consideration, trust, and mutual responsibility. Faculty and staff thrive at College Prep when they engage in the rich opportunities of its many co-curricular programs. College Prep actively designs programming and curricula that seek to strengthen the school’s ties to Oakland and to the greater Bay Area. Benefits include medical and dental coverage, a retirement plan for eligible employees, and most pleasantly and collegially, a prepared lunch every day. Professional development is actively encouraged and supported.
Founded in 1960, The College Preparatory School is an independent coeducational secondary school created for intellectual risk-takers who want to pursue a purposeful education with kindred peers. As an equal opportunity employer, College Prep welcomes candidates representing diversity of all kinds. We celebrate the inclusivity of our community regarding race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
College Prep typically does not sponsor applicants for work visas. For more information about our school, visit our website at www.college-prep.org
To apply, please go to: https://collegeprep.applicantpro.com/jobs/1163398-240898.html