Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
The College Preparatory School, an independent high school in Oakland, California, seeks a dynamic Athletic Director beginning July 1, 2019. The school’s Athletic Department promotes and teaches students the lifelong values of sportsmanship, integrity, commitment, personal responsibility, teamwork and self-discipline. College Prep is a member of NCS (North Coast Section) and our teams compete in 17 varsity sports. Approximately 70% of our students participate on either a varsity or junior varsity team.
As the face of the College Prep Athletic Department in the wider community, the AD models the values of the school and ensures that all coaches and teams live up to the highest standards of sportsmanship. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience as an effective coach, educator, leader and athletic administrator, and is organized, has excellent verbal and written communication skills, collaborates with others, and stands for sportsmanship and fair play. This is a twelve-month position.
Ongoing duties include the following:
● Plan, organize and oversee College Prep’s comprehensive interscholastic athletics program.
● Coordinate and oversee the recruitment, selection, development and evaluation of athletic staff and coaches.
● Work with coaches and student athletes to ensure program objectives mirror the school’s mission, values and culture.
● Develop and maintain good public relations with parents, alumni, officials, fans and news media.
● Encourage and maintain proper student and community sportsmanship at all athletic events.
● Work with the school’s CFO to plan an effective annual sports budget.
● Represent College Prep in BAC, NCS, and CIF matters.
● Oversee management issues, including scheduling of all athletic events, securing athletic facilities, recordkeeping, athletic transportation and maintenance of athletic facilities and equipment.
● Oversee the school’s RHF program.
● Develop and implement safety, emergency and injury procedures.
The salary is competitive. Benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage, a retirement plan for eligible employees, and most pleasantly and collegially, a prepared lunch every day.
Founded in 1960, The College Preparatory School is an independent coeducational secondary school created for intellectual risk-takers who want to pursue a purposeful education with kindred peers. Faculty and staff thrive at College Prep when they engage in the rich opportunities of its many co-curricular programs and the School’s growing ties to greater Oakland. Salary and benefits are competitive, and include a prepared lunch every day. As an equal opportunity employer, College Prep welcomes candidates representing diversity of all kinds. We celebrate the inclusivity of our community regarding race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
College Prep typically does not sponsor applicants for work visas. For more information about our school, visit our website at www.college-prep.org
To apply, please go to: https://collegeprep.applicantpro.com/jobs/1040013-240898.html