Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
First Grade Lead Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a 1st Grade Lead teacher beginning in August, 2023. We are seeking individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with prior experience in and a passion for teaching lower school students. A minimum of a college bachelor’s degree is required, however a master’s degree is preferred.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
● Support the school’s educational mission by challenging, engaging, and nurturing students
● Have experience in Readers and Writers Workshop, guided reading and phonics instruction
● Demonstrates proficiency with conceptual mathematics teaching and learning
● Demonstrate an understanding of student centered, interdisciplinary, and differentiated learning
● Create lessons and projects that are inclusive of the diversity and multiculturalism in our community
● Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
● Create an environment that fosters open discussions with the freedom to express varied points of view
● Communicate effectively with students, parents and colleagues
● Engage in professional and personal development and commit to growth in the areas of diversity, equity and inclusion
● Participate and initiate opportunities that demonstrate one's growth, knowledge, and skills
● Perform additional duties and participate in the life of the school
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
● Strong collaboration and cross-cultural competence
● An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
● Commitment to equity and inclusion
● A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that best represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found atwww.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to the contact person listed below.
While being vaccinated for COVID-19 is not required, it is strongly recommended.
COMPENSATION: Brentwood School's diverse and talented faculty ranges widely in experience level, from those new to teaching to veterans who are experts in their respective disciplines with 30+ years of experience. Our salary range, of $72,000 to $120,000, includes all levels of experience. Salaries are determined based on years of experience, education, full- or part-time status, and number of months worked per school year. Salary ranges do not include benefits i.e. 403b retirement matching, paid lunch time, free breakfast and lunch, free parking, subsidy toward medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D plans, and generous time off. The pay range is an estimate and is not guaranteed. If hired, your actual base salary will be determined by your education, experience, and schedule.
In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Lower School Administrative Assistant