Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Middle School English Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a full time Middle School English teacher, to begin in August of 2023. We are looking for individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with experience in teaching middle school age students and one or more degrees in English.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
● Teach four sections of English
● Serve as an advisor to a group of students
● Make English meaningful and relevant by inspiring students
● Communicate with students and parents as necessary
● Revise and plan new curriculum in conjunction with other members of the English department
● Incorporate educational technology throughout instruction and course work
● Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
● Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
● Engage in professional and personal development and commit to growth in the areas of diversity, equity and inclusion
● Participate and initiate opportunities that demonstrate one's growth, knowledge, and skills
● Perform additional duties, such as leading a club and chaperoning events, and attending student activities
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
● Strong collaboration and cross-cultural competency
● An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
● Commitment to equity and inclusion
● A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
COMPENSATION: Brentwood School's diverse and talented faculty ranges widely in experience level, from those new to teaching to veterans who are experts in their respective disciplines with 30+ years of experience. Our salary range, of $72,000 to $120,000, includes all levels of experience. Salaries are determined based on years of experience, education, full- or part-time status, and number of months worked per school year. Salary ranges do not include benefits i.e. 403b retirement matching, paid lunch time, free breakfast and lunch, free parking, subsidy toward medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D plans, and generous time off. The pay range is an estimate and is not guaranteed. If hired, your actual base salary will be determined by your education, experience, and schedule.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume electronically to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Middle School Director
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049Email: email@example.com
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present