Reports To: Director of Enrollment Management Position Type: Exempt, Full-Time
Bentley School is a K-12 co-educational, independent day school located on two campuses in Oakland
(K-8) and Lafayette (9-12), California. Founded in 1920, Bentley School's legacy of excellence in teaching and learning maximizes student success in college and throughout their lives. Bentley is an inclusive community that shares a vision of academic achievement, balance, and the cultivation of character.
The Associate Director of Admissions, 9-12 joins a team where promoting the benefits of the Bentley Promise is paramount. Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Management, the Associate Director of Admissions, 9-12, works in collaboration with the Admissions team to recruit, evaluate, and yield new students and their families to Bentley School. While the Associate Director will focus their time and expertise developing and cultivating relationships with families specifically interested in our Upper School program (grades 9-12), this individual will also become fluent in helping families explore admission in all grades where new students are welcome and highlight the timeless value of a Bentley education.
The Associate Director of Admissions, 9-12 will be based at the Lafayette campus, though their duties may occasionally require them to assist with admissions activities at our K-8 Hiller campus in Oakland. Given the unique opportunities recruiting families to two different campuses offers, this role demands individuals to be flexible and have direct experience working in a public-facing role, ideally within an independent school or higher-education setting. This role also requires the individual to take on significant leadership at an administrative level, providing guidance to faculty members on admissions activities and partnering with other administrators on showcasing programs and facilities to prospective families. Given the duties and responsibilities of this role, some work into the evenings and weekends will be required.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- ● Supporting the Director of Enrollment Management with the development of a comprehensive recruitment plan for prospective families exploring private schools for grades 9-12, including a plan for developing new relationships and maintaining strong bonds with local feeder schools and community organizations
- ● Implementing the plans for signature admissions events, such as Open Houses, curriculum informational evenings, interview days, and parent coffees as designed by the Director of Enrollment Management
- ● Serving as a main point of contact for prospective families and responding to inquiries via email and telephone for grades 9-12
- ● Maintaining admissions database (Ravenna) and processing application materials through the system
- ● Reporting admissions data to the Director of Enrollment Management and consistently reporting on trends observed with our prospective families; overseeing maintenance on admissions information systems (e.g., Ravenna)
- ● Developing and serving as primary advisor for the Upper School Ambassador Program
- ● Designing and providing tours of the Lafayette campus to prospective families and educational consultants
- ● Representing Bentley School at school fairs and small admissions gatherings
- ● Overseeing Bentley’s student-visit program for prospective students for grade 9-12
- ● Assisting in the administration and execution of re-enrollment processes for returning students and families
- ● Bachelor’s Degree
- ● Admissions experience at another private school or college/university, including experience in creating and leading student-oriented programs
- ● Strong communication skills and ability to present information to audiences of various sizes
- ● Ability to collect and analyze data from various constituencies, including prospective parents/guardians and students
- ● Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint; comfort with Google Suite programs. Experience with online enrollment systems/CRM a plus.
- ● Friendly and hospitable communication skills; notable ability to work well with others as a teammate and willingness to take ownership of projects with little direction
- ● Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- ● An individual who welcomes feedback as an essential tool for professional growth and is willing to roll up their sleeves to make a family’s admissions experience unforgettable
Bentley School requires all community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters.
Bentley School is an equal opportunity employer and seeks rich diversity among faculty and administration. The School offers competitive compensation and benefits. Bentley is a growth-oriented school which is reflected in our commitment to providing ample funds to support the professional development of our faculty.
Bentley uses a competitive salary scale, which takes into account experience, education, and skill level. The salary for this position ranges from $100,000 - $121,000
How to Apply:
Please submit a letter of interest and a CV/resume. A list with the names and contact information of three
(3) professional references should also be included. No phone calls, please.
Qualified, interested candidates may apply for the position through online application at https://bentleyschool.bamboohr.com/careers/147