Westmark School celebrates each learner’s strengths while also providing them with the tools and strategies to succeed here and beyond. Westmark seeks an experienced educator who is committed to interactive project-based learning, student self-advocacy, self-knowledge, the expressive arts, and collaboration. The ideal candidate will possess the insight and skills to participate fully on a team which brings research-based expertise, depth of experience, and enthusiasm to a full and robust academic program that includes the arts, technology, and athletics.
Annual Salary Offered: $75,000 - $95,000, depending on experience
The Speech-Language Pathologist is responsible for providing services to meet the learning needs of students with communication and language (oral and written) impairments and other learning differences. Reporting to the Head of School, they will be responsible for conducting assessments including for screening and progress monitoring purposes; developing goals for students; planning/implementing appropriate language (oral and written), communication and speech treatment services to maximize student learning; consulting and actively participating in classroom instruction with educator colleagues; collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team about student learning; and working with teachers to optimize the language of instruction and to provide strategies to address diverse language needs.
- Evaluates and assesses student needs for language/speech therapy;
- Collaborates with classroom teachers to optimize language of instruction and student’s learning environment;
- Selects, administers, interprets, and develops specialized tests;
- Gathers data on student’s educational, medical, social, and psychological history to assist with determining appropriate educational goals and treatment;
- Collaborates with teachers to ensure the integration of speech/language development techniques into the student’s classroom routine;
- Participates in parent teacher conferences and provides parent support and information regarding their child;
- Instructs parents/guardians in exercises to implement at home;
- Serves as a resource to faculty and conducts workshops regarding language development;
- Consults with physicians and other agencies and assists with referring students to appropriate specialists;
- Maintains thorough records for each student receiving speech/language services and provides related reports;
- Manages supplies and equipment, as needed; and
- Performs additional duties, as assigned by the Head of School.
- Master’s degree, current license and ASHA CCC-SLP certification preferred. Clinical Fellow’s also considered.
- Experience with differentiated instruction and providing speech-language therapy in a school-based setting preferred
- Flexible teaching background and interest in teaching electives, coaching, and/or advising clubs
- To Apply
- Please forward by email (no phone calls, please) a letter of interest, your resume, and the names and contact information of five professional references to:
- Attn: Claudia Koochek, Head of School
5461 Louise Avenue | Encino, CA 91316
- Westmark School is an equal opportunity employer and is committed
- to hiring a diverse workforce.
- All applicants will be considered for positions without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, medical condition, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, sexual expression, sexual identity or any other legally-protected status based on applicable law.