Accounts Payable and Payroll Associate
Operations/Business and Finance/Human Resources
Ortega Campus, 1201 Ortega St., SF, CA 94122
Director, Business and Finance
Type of Position
Full time, Non-Exempt
Reporting to the Director of Business and Finance (60%) and the Director of Human Resources (40%), the Payroll and Accounts Payable Associate is a strong team player and skilled accounting professional, you will make it your mission to support and streamline our collection, payments and payroll processes. This is advanced clerical work involving the preparation of accounts payable and payroll. Specifically, s/he supports the Business and Human Resources Offices and is actively responsible for processing and monitoring payments and expenditures and preparing and monitoring the payroll system. Located in San Francisco, LFSF is a French Immersion, independent, co-educational, college preparatory day school of approximately 900 students in grades preK-12. For more information about our school, please visit: www.lelycee.org
Accounts Payable/Payroll Associate is responsible:
● Accounts Payable (AP)
○ Support the processing vendor invoices;
○ Obtaining approval for vendor payments;
○ Supporting the payment of invoices and accurate record keeping;
○ Support the processing of travel and expense reimbursements;
○ Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services;
○ Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances;
○ Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures;
○ Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal ID numbers;
○ Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions;
○ Prepare batches of invoices for data entry; data entry invoices for payment;
○ Scheduling and preparing checks;
○ Resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation;
○ Ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos;
○ Issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments;
○ Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions;
○ Maintain listing of accounts payable; maintain the general ledger
○ Process backup reports after data entry; Record checks and prepare for mailing.
● Purchase Orders (PO)
○ Ensures that PO related invoices are processed accurately and timely.
○ Ensures that all non-PO invoices get timely approvals and that account coding on invoices is accurate.
○ Assists with reconciling vendor statements, including asking vendors for missing;
○ Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
● Payroll - HR Department
○ Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system;
○ Process forms such as W2s, W4s, insurance enrollment forms;
○ Complete payroll functions in order to ensure staff are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
○ Review time sheets, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies; Verify pay amounts, hours of work, deductions, etc.;
○ Verify coding and obtain signatures and leave slips;
○ Batch timesheets for data entry; enter payroll information; Log in and distribute ACH files, distribute paycheck stubs;
○ Prepare and remit source deductions and payroll tax;
○ Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records;
○ Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases;
○ Coordinate with our Professional Employer Organization (ADP);
○ Mail/Distribute signed checks including assembling check payment;
○ Analyze workflow processes to further coordinate our payroll processing.
● Other duties as assigned.
○ Accounts Receivable support when needed.
● Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field
● Three years of experience in accounting and/or similar roles
● Competency accounting systems and reporting software
● Proficient knowledge of payroll and purchasing policies, procedures and practices;
● Exceptional accountability ethics
● Strong Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, etc.) and Microsoft Excel skills
● Experience in non-profit organization or independent private school
● Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, capable of handling multicultural situations
● Ability to meet time sensitive deadlines
● Ability to adapt to a changing environment
● Demonstrated ability to follow through to completion—this is an important characteristic
● Would prefer candidate to be multilingual—not a requirement
o English fluency is required
o Knowledge of French language and French culture is an asset, but not required
● Communication, adaptability & innovation
● Planning, organizing, and implementing
● Building working relationships
● Team player, collaborator, and positive mindset
● Written and verbal communication skills, creativity, and strong problem-solving skills
● Professional and collaborative, detail-oriented, and able to work independently and on deadline
● Strong organization and interpersonal skills
● Truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
● Hold self and others accountable to accomplish results
● Interact with students, families, and staff with compassion, respect, and integrity
Salary is commensurate with level of education and experience.
Excellent benefits package which includes vacation, paid holidays, medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision, long term disability and retirement benefits.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. and to comply with fingerprint check.
LFSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer; those who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter via: https://www.lelycee.org/about/jobs
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present