SALESIAN COLLEGE PREPARATORY
OPEN POSITION: Accounts Payable / Payroll Associate – Part time
2851 Salesian Avenue, Richmond, CA 94804, 510-234-4433, www.salesian.com
Salesian College Preparatory is a sixty year old, Catholic, co-educational, college-preparatory high school located in the urban community of San Pablo and Richmond eighteen miles northeast of San Francisco and set in 21 acres of park-like landscape.
Vision: To be a leading college preparatory Catholic school in the Bay Area by providing a safe, welcoming and nurturing environment for a diverse student body in the Salesian tradition.
Mission: To educate young men and women to develop into good citizens for the betterment of society and the glory of God. Salesian combines the experience of church, school, playground and home in a supportive, caring, family environment according to St. John Bosco’s educational philosophy of reason, religion, and loving kindness.
The Accounts Payable Clerk supports the school administration in the attainment of Salesian College Preparatory’s unique Catholic educational mission to serve students of diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds in a college preparatory secondary school conducted in the Salesian tradition of reason, religion and kindness. The Accounts Payable Clerk is appointed by and reports to the CFO in supporting the ongoing administration of the business affairs of Salesian College Preparatory. The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for the day-to-day operations of various functions in the Finance Office in accordance with the general acceptable accounting principles (GAAP). The Accounts Payable Clerk provides support for the CFO as necessary, while collaborating with other support personnel and establishing appropriate and professional interactions with the students, faculty, staff, parents and the general public.
· Hired and retained by the CFO
· Supervised and evaluated by the CFO
· Accountable to the CFO
· Experience processing full cycle accounts payable, preferably in a non-profit setting
· Familiarity with Blackbaud Smart Tuition and Financial Edge or experience with other accounting software
· Solid Microsoft Office skills, including Word and Excel
· Familiarity with third party payroll provider, preferably ADP Workforce Now
· Familiarity with Google Docs and Sheets
· Ability to work independently and in a team oriented environment
· Exhibit confidentiality in working with sensitive information
· Strong communication skills
· Must be organized and work well in a time sensitive environment
· Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
Term of Employment:
Part-time, non-exempt, 20 – 22 + hours/week
Hours - Mon thru Fri (hours negotiable)
· Upholds and models a moral code which is consistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the mission and charism of the school.
· Greets all members of the Salesian community in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
· Handles all aspects of accounts payable, including invoice processing/approval/coding/check issuance, purchase order control and document management.
· Handles and tracks all PO costs to department budgets.
· Maintain petty cash, including issuing refunds and exchanges.
· Distribute department heads/academic, admin/athletic directors copies of reports.
· Handles collection of W9’s, annual 1099’s and scheduling/processing payments in a timely manner.
· Handles all currency and deposits into the bank at least once a week.
· Maintain a secure environment to protect all currency and documents requiring privacy.
· Handles quarterly sales tax returns and reconciliation.
· Handles account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
· Handles prepaid and deposit accounts, reconciling monthly and recording monthly amortization journal entries.
· Perform to the goals and objectives agreed upon with the CFO. Performance should be reviewed with CFO at least on a semi-annual basis.
· Handles AP/cash deposit documentation to support the annual audit.
· Prepares the payroll for processing twice monthly through a third party provider.
· Prepares the payroll journal each month.
· Audits time-keeping procedures to ensure accurate earnings are paid
· Answers employees’ questions about payroll.
· Handles tracking trip or school activity, escalating the collection with group leaders as needed.
· Add new purchases of fixed assets to FA module on a monthly basis.
· Calculate depreciation on a monthly basis.
· Reconcile asset list in the FA module to the GL and prepare Excel Account Analysis.
· Handles and records Club Moderator Registrations for Salesian College Preparatory.
· Handles special projects or other duties as assigned by the Finance Team.
· Handles billings/collections for families that Opt Out of FSP or have a partial compliance.
· Supports the CFO and Accounts Receivable Manager by receiving student tuition payments either by mail, credit/debit card, transfer or in person, posting to Smart Tuition as necessary.
· Supports the CFO and Accounts Receivable Manager with telephone and personal inquiries regarding tuition.
· Supports Accounts Receivable in handling receipts and recording of Summer School and Red & Black Summer Camp registrations and payments.
· Supports Human Resources with tracking of compliance with volunteers/coaches/chaperones.
· Supports Human Resources with updating driving records/insurance compliance for all drivers.
· Handles the receipt of donor gifts by scanning copies to the Development team at least two times a week.
To Apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present