Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
The Jewish Community High School of the Bay seeks a Controller. The Jewish Community High School of the Bay (JCHS) is a co-educational day school providing a rigorous, college preparatory curriculum in general and Judaic Studies. We are committed to an extensive enrichment program, including the arts and athletics. JCHS serves the San Francisco Bay community and is open to all Jewish students regardless of prior Jewish educational experience. JCHS is guided by the rhythms of the Jewish calendar, Jewish culture and tradition and by an inextricable link to the land of Israel.
The Controller is responsible for the day to day management of the accounting operations and fiscal policies and procedures of the school insuring that strong internal controls and effective transaction processing routines protect the assets of the school and result in meaningful and timely financial reporting. The Controller assists the Director of Finance & Operations on financial analysis, budget reporting and risk management.
· Manage the general ledger, fixed asset ledger, depreciation and other related accounting functions.
· At least 3 years of proven relevant experience in an independent school or non-profit organization.
· Outstanding computer and technical skills, including Excel, Microsoft Word and one major accounting system is required.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills including good judgment, and ability to develop and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with the JCHS community while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
· High level of personal and professional integrity. Trustworthy, discrete and respectful in handling of confidential or sensitive information.
· Demonstrated ability to initiate and complete multiple tasks on time with competing priorities and deadlines. Solutions-oriented, efficient and able to work independently. Outstanding attention to detail required.
· Desire to be part of a collaborative team committed to supporting the JCHS community.
All prospective employees must be able to clear a background check and TB screening.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to listen, physically direct, and speak. The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet; however, variations in noise level may occur when the employee attends school functions such as assemblies, school dances, and other events.
Start date is as soon as agreed. Please visit jchsofthebay.org for more information about our school.
Please send an email with “Controller” in the subject line and include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references to email@example.com.