Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
PRESENTATION HIGH SCHOOL
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Reports to : President
Supervises : Finance and Human Resources Department staff
The Finance Director provides guidance to the President of Presentation High School (the School) regarding the overall financial policies and business practices of the School. This position is responsible for all financial and business related activities to assure effective and efficient resource management. The Finance Director serves as a member of the institutional leadership team of the School.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Management of the school’s financial transaction systems, procedures and reporting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles in the United States of America
(U.S. GAAP) for not- for- profit institutions;
2. Preparation of the operating budget required to establish the school’s tuition and compensation recommendations to the Board of Directors and the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors;
3. Completion of the Annual Financial Review by the School’s independent auditors;
4. Management of human resources and payroll including employee benefits and retirement plans;
5. Oversight of school’s investments and daily cash management;
6. Financial aid and tuition management; and
7. The President may assign additional responsibilities.
1. Provides senior level leadership for the activities of accounting, budget development, compliance reporting, investments, auditing, and related financial functions for the School;
2. Develops short and long-range fiscal planning for the School in consultation with the President and Principal, prepares and administers the School’s budget; reviews new program proposals for financial viability; develops recommendations for financing packages for the School;
3. Develops and establishes operational policies and procedures and ensures implementation of appropriate financial systems;
4. Develops and maintains systems of internal controls to safeguard financial and other assets of the School;
5. Oversees the daily financial and fiscal reporting operations of the school including cash management, credit card activities and other accounts payable. Ensures proper recording of daily, weekly, and monthly accounting transactions;.
6. Leads and manages the monthly and year end closing including analysis and verification of assets, liabilities, revenues, expenses and fund balances as well as manages the School budget;
7. Informs and consults executive leadership regarding budget status, fiscal policy, procedures, fiscal planning and reporting;
8. Oversees the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit/ review issues are resolved and compliance requirements are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with U.S. GAAP for no-for-profit institutions, and federal, state and other required supplementary schedules and information;
9. Prepares analyses and recommendations for improving the School's operating efficiency and financial position.
10. Attends Board of Directors and Subcommittee meetings; including standing and ad hoc committees, as may be requested from time to time;
11. Oversees and presents financial reports to the Board of Regents, Board of Directors, external committees, government and regulatory agencies;
12. Provides leadership for the strategic direction, development, implementation and operation of human resource function;
13. Responsible for overseeing the human resource function and processes;
14. Reviews and ensures proper recording of payroll activity for all staff;
15. Participates in identifying new funding opportunities and the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets and determining cost effectiveness;
16. Interprets fiscal and other policies and procedures for President and Principal, executive team and other School employees;
17. Collaborates with facilities manager with regards to planning, budgeting, acquisition, maintenance, and allocation of resources; including operations of School facilities and grounds and construction activities;
18. Conducts and oversees all purchasing activity, developing purchasing and spending policies and continuously implementing cost savings measures;
19. Oversees School‘s annual insurance renewals, property and risk management matters;
20. Provides support to executive leadership for overall sSchool strategic and master assessment planning and the Campus Master Plan; develops strategies to link budgeting activities to advancing strategic objectives and plans;.
21. Reviews and approves all School contractual obligations seeking legal counsel as appropriate; provides guidance and direction as appropriate on School legal issues, identifies need and prepares and/or oversees requests for proposals in accordance with policy governance limits; primary contact for banking;
22. Manages Finance and Human Resources Department staff;
23. Establishes and maintains a climate that encourages the development and retention of competent employees, high morale, and the achievement of School goals;
24. Maintains a positive work environment conducive to promoting an atmosphere of cooperation and trust with students, peers, faculty, and administration; maintains cooperative relationships with external contacts including but not limited to representatives of other educational institutions, professional organizations, vendors, community, business, and government leaders; and
25. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an ideal candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience required or preferred. This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
BA or BS degree in business administration, finance or accounting or related field, required or equivalent experience.
Advanced degree in accounting, finance, or business administration, preferred.
10 or more years of progressively responsible experience working in accounting or financial management including 4 years supervising and managing staff.
Prior experience working in a school environment is highly desirable.
Presentation High School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected category in accordance with applicable law. The school will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.
Interested applicants are asked to download the appropriate application https://www.presentationhs.org/about-us/employment-opportunities. Complete the application and email your application, a letter of interest/cover letter, resume, and contact list of three professional references to email@example.com . Applications will be accepted through September 10, 2020 or until job posting is removed. Qualified applicants will be contacted regarding next steps