Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
The Advancement Office takes the lead in connecting Oakwood School with the broader community by maintaining positive relationships with and garnering support from key constituencies. Communications and marketing are vital components of these efforts, supported by publications, media, and digital platforms that embody Oakwood’s philosophy and place the school at the forefront of independent education. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Content Manager takes the lead in producing written, visual, and multimedia content for the school’s digital communication channels.
Oakwood School is currently seeking a Communications Content Manager; responsibilities include:
· Manages Oakwood’s social media platforms including authoring posts, and creating video, photos, and graphics that sustain a robust digital outreach and engagement strategy.
· Works in collaboration with the Director of Communications to identify opportunities and manage paid social media campaigns, in coordination with the school’s overall marketing efforts.
· Produces all written web content for public-facing parts of oakwoodschool.org with the goal of balancing the school’s distinct voice, constituent needs, and SEO-friendly language.
· Assists in the planning, scheduling and execution of photo and video production; booking video crews, coordinate interview subjects, and providing general logistic support.
· Manages event documentation, including photography, audio, and video. Collaborates with school stakeholders to schedule documentation, and coordinates dissemination of media to key constituents.
Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of work experience in in public relations, communications or marketing field desired. Knowledge and experience with digital media and web asset creation and desktop publishing software and content management systems (Google Apps, Adobe Creative Suite, Blackbaud/Whipple Hill or comparable website CMS systems, iMovie or other video editing software), strong research, writing, and editing skills.
Please forward your resume and letter of interest to:
Bret Nicely, Director of Communications at Oakwood School: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
Oakwood School is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in our workforce. www.oakwoodschool.org