Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
The Head of School of EBI is seeking faculty and staff members who, in addition to their specific responsibilities, demonstrate the following:
● Enjoy working in an international, diverse school environment;
● Share in our values of bilingualism, educational excellence, diversity, global citizenship, and the cultivation of character;
● Support the mission of EBI;
● Bring a positive attitude and a sense of professionalism to the School community.
The Director of Facilities, Safety & Security reports to the CFOO. This position is responsible for managing the facilities of both EBI campuses and the safety and security preparedness, response and recovery of the environment, including safety and security planning, drilling facilities enhancement and policy and procedure development and communication.
Qualifications and Requirements:
● A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
● Three to five years of operations / facilities management experience
● Experience working in a school, or similar environment preferred
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Bilingual Spanish-English preferred but not required
● Ability and willingness to work some evenings and weekends when events will need support from Facilities
● Ability to lift up to 35lbs, do some, minor physical labor and spend limited time outdoors.
● Excellent communication and collaboration skills
● Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Google suite of products. Willingness to train in other programs as required.
The Director of Facilities, Safety & Security will have the following responsibilities:
● Develop an annual schedule and budget of maintenance and repairs
● Coordinate and manage use, set-up and breakdown for school events, including scheduling spaces and arranging for set-up/cleanup activities
● Manage the requirements, selection, negotiation of cost, and quality assessment of service providers
● Manage the third-party janitorial service
● Support the school’s conservation measures, in keeping with the school’s Green Business status.
● Support the school’s safety and security measures, including developing security response procedures, and coordinating with outside consultants on best practices.
● Conducts risk assessments
● Train employees in EBI’s health and safety procedures and policies
● Regularly conduct safety inspections and checks
Additional Administrative Responsibilities
● Coordinate with various teams as required
● Maintain documents and files for all buildings, systems, and equipment.
● Develop relationships with corresponding external agencies and maintain records of safety inspections and corrective actions.
● Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, licensing, and local codes and regulations.
● Assist in developing and managing the budget for operations, repairs and maintenance
● Will supervise two Campus Coordinators plus two Day Porters
Perform other duties as assigned by the CFOO.
Security and Safety Management:
● Responsible for all security related issues including physical security, drills, building alarms and all protocols necessary to provide adequate security during and after school hours on both campuses.
● Manages and coordinates school safety and emergency response plans in coordination with the CFOO.
● Manages the fire, safety, and security systems of the property & equipment.
● Ensure compliance with applicable building and safety codes, hazardous waste disposal and relevant federal, state and local laws and regulations.
● Works closely with Human Resources to coordinate and administer in a timely manner required employee trainings related to workplace health and safety
● The Director has three direct reports, a Maintenance Manager and the two Campus Coordinators. The position is responsible for the development and supervision of the three direct reports including establishing annual performance plans and reviews plus ongoing 1:1’s to prioritize work and to provide interactive coaching around professional development.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, a letter of interest and statement of leadership and educational philosophy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EBI’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is central to our mission and our hiring practices. People of color and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.