Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
Ortega (San Francisco)
Chief Operating Officer
Type of Position
ABOUT THE LFSF
· The Lycée Français de San Francisco www.lelycee.org is a French Immersion College Preparatory school with 940+ students and three Bay Area campuses that strives to maintain an international community for teachers, parents and students of diverse social and cultural backgrounds and to provide a rich educational environment, emphasizing academic excellence and personal achievement.
· Our program is based on the highly recognized French national curriculum enriched by key American courses including Language Arts, Literature, History and Mathematics, that allow flexibility and academic transfer to the best schools and colleges in the world.
· The curriculum fosters self-respect and the respect of others. Students acquire a structured body of general knowledge and develop analytical and critical thinking skills. The Lycée Français de San Francisco is a unique environment that promotes initiative, autonomy, cooperation and individual responsibility, qualities that are critical to the success of thriving young adults.
· The Data Manager is a key position at the Lycée Français de San Francisco; s/he is responsible for storing and making data accessible to members of the community. The database manager is the school historian and user-friendly access to data is essential to managing school planning.
· This is a full-time, 40 hours per week.
Data Management Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Planning, designing and implementing all technology systems and the processes to support those systems.
o Managing users and data of integrated Blackbaud Applications (Financial Edge, Education Edge, Raiser's Edge, FAWeb, NetCommunity Forms), Active Networks Database (after school activities web portal), FinalSite CMS (website), Constant Contact, “Pronote and EDT” (French database system used for grades 6 - 12), School Reach (emergency portal)
· Maintaining the overall integrity and quality of the databases, including regular data improvement, enforcement of database business processes and management of code values, business rules and other set-up functions of the databases.
o Reviewing and updating school system procedures for use of the databases to increase efficiency and enhance performance.
o Optimizing the use of adopted databases across the school system by staying current on upcoming enhancements to functionality and guiding staff in the appropriate use of the existing functionality.
o Leading a cross-departmental Data Users Group to address issues relating to the impact of changes on various users, standardization of data entry and development of reports and data exports to meet the needs of the LFSF.
o Monitoring all systems periodically for preventive maintenance and make corrections when those systems fall outside of allowable performance tolerances.
o Working with help desk to provide technical assistance to users and troubleshoot and resolve application and data related problems (including donor, grants and financial databases).
o Managing relationships with software vendors’ support teams, escalating issues that require immediate resolution and advocating for fixes/patches to the applications when appropriate.
o Providing support and training in use of the applications, including orientation for all new staff and specialized training in response to changing roles, business processes and database functionality.
· Procurement of all technology hardware and software.
o Working within allocated capital resources for technology systems.
o Researching the most cost-effective methods of delivering quality service to the organization’s technology investment.
o Training management and staff on the best uses of technologies as they are implemented.
· Supporting the Academic Department in the creation and maintenance of a database dashboard to track student achievement and performance across several benchmarking systems.
· Supporting the Advancement Department in the creation and maintenance of a dashboard system to track donors and giving history.
· Supporting Finance Department in the creation and maintenance of a dashboard system to track finances by department.
· Supporting the Admissions Office in the creation and maintenance of a dashboard system to track admissions across grades, campuses, demographics
o Compiling statistical data on registration for administrative use.
o Setting up queries, reports, exports etc. of teachers, staff and parents/guardians as needed.
· Compiling statistical data on registration for administrative use.
o Processing new student enrollment; registering continuing students for the following year; withdrawing students and forwarding records to other schools upon request; managing all student and family records through all school year and semester events.
o Maintaining electronic student and family records across all databases; documenting data element standards and ensuring that all records meet those standards.
o Directing preparation of student transcripts and reviewing and updating academic records of students.
· Providing support to the Network Administrator when there is a need to escalate issues that are more complex, and during peaks in support request periods.
· Bachelor's Degree in Database Management or related field.
· Minimum 1 year of experience managing data applications and platforms, preferably for a school.
· Ability to work in complex environments with a high degree of organizational effectiveness and attention to detail.
· Ability to prioritize work and the flexibility to change directions as the job dictates.
· Ability to solve problems by selecting and applying commonly used procedures, precedents, and rules.
· Ability to work under pressure and maintain quality of detailed work while meeting deadlines.
· Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders.
· Ability to relate data for multiple stakeholders.
· Ability to adapt to any database and willing to learn new ones if necessary
· Demonstrated proficiency, or the ability to gain proficiency quickly, in Blackbaud Applications (Financial Edge, Education Edge, Raiser's Edge, FAWeb, NetCommunity Forms) preferred.
· Fluency in French a plus
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, CV/resume, and references via:
The Lycée Français de San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Direct candidates only. This position does not include any relocation assistance. No phone call please.