Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
Reports to: Classroom Teacher and Dean
Park Century School was founded in 1968 as an independent not-for-profit, co-educational day school to meet the needs of children who learn differently. Park Century serves students between the ages of 7 to 14, or grades 2nd to 8th, living in the South Bay to the San Fernando Valley and throughout the greater Los Angeles area. Park Century’s mission is to empower bright children with learning differences to reach their academic and personal potential. Students flourish within our individualized, evidence-based curriculum and supportive environment. In collaboration with their families, the school inspires students to develop into resilient self-advocates and builds a foundation for lifelong achievement.
The On-Call Substitute Teacher is an energetic and outgoing professional who provides comprehensive substitute teacher classroom support. This position requires a passion for working with children, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and sensitivity to confidential matters. In addition, the candidate must have extensive computer skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
· Abides by the policies and guidelines contained in the Park Century School Employee Handbook
· On-call substitute instruction in grades 2-8 or in elective classes
· Teaching with an understanding of the growth and development of students with learning differences
· Follow lesson plans and ensure students stay focused during class
· Supervise students in other environments such as recess, lunch, field trips and P.E.
· Assist classroom teacher
· Perform other duties as needed
· Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
· Passion for children and some prior teaching or camp counseling experience
· Enthusiasm, creativity, maturity, good work ethic, honesty, patience, and self-control
· Ability to accept and provide supervision and guidance
· Ability to address problems and mitigate conflicts
· Sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stairs, lifting desks, chairs and instructional materials up to 50 lbs.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume to:
Evelyn Zuk, Director of Human Resources