Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
Under the direction of an assigned administrator, assist certificated teacher in reinforcing instruction to individuals or small groups of students; monitor and report student progress. Perform a variety of clerical duties in support of the academic program; other related duties as required.
● Support and maintain classroom policies.
● Tutor individuals or small groups of students, reinforcing instruction as directed by the teacher.
● Assist in the administering and scoring a variety of tests according to student performance and behavior.
● Perform routine clerical duties; operate classroom and office equipment including computers, copy machines, and other equipment.
● Provide support to the teacher by setting up work areas, displays and exhibits, operating audio-visual equipment, operating educational training equipment and distributing and collecting paper and supplies.
● Assist students by providing proper examples, emotional support, a friendly attitude and general guidance.
● Direct group activities of students assigned; assist in monitoring students as directed.
● Confer, as needed, with teachers concerning programs and materials to meet student needs.
● Participate in meetings and in-service training programs as assigned.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
We seek a dynamic individual who inspires students and who works collaboratively and creatively with colleagues in various curricular areas and divisions. Candidates should be passionate about teaching and have a love for the students.
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred from an accredited college or university.
● Teaching experience with young children.
● Ability to organize and coordinate work.
● Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
● Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
● Computer skills using MS Word, MS Excel, e-mail, etc.
● Basic knowledge of specific subject matter to which assigned.
● General needs and behavior of students of various backgrounds.
● Record-keeping techniques.
● Oral and written communication skills.
● Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The position can be physically demanding. Reasonable accommodations may be made if requested in advance.
How to Apply
Candidates for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for a minimum of three references. Please combine all documents into a single PDF and send to HR@woodland-school.org.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Woodland School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin in the administration of its educational or admission policies, financial aid distribution, or other school programs. Woodland School is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from candidates who reflect such diversity.