Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
Summary: Reporting directly to the Director of Development (DOD), the Director of Annual Giving is responsible for creating and executing a comprehensive fundraising plan to increase participation and revenue for Flintridge Sacred Heart’s Flintridge Fund (annual fund) and other facets of the Annual Giving program.
Essential Job Functions:
·FUNDRAISING – create strategic direction and roll out of the Flintridge Fund to all constituents. Responsibilities to include revenue forecasting, budget management, solicitation strategy and segmentation, and volunteer management.
·REPORTING – Monitors and tracks results and oversees performance measures (e.g., ROI, KPI) to help evaluate the effectiveness of the appeals and solicitations and identify areas for growth.
·EVENTS –Plan and host cultivation, stewardship and recognition events as needed.
·COLLABORATION – Works with Advancement Team and other key staff to create content and to work together to execute programs.
Other Job Functions:
·Writes copy for printed and digital correspondence (i.e., appeals and solicitations, donor acknowledgements).
· Works with Director of Alumnae Relations to cultivate a culture of philanthropy among our alumnae and train members of the Alumnae Board and Class Agents to increase outreach and participation in the Flintridge Fund.
· Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, maintains accountability standards to donors, and ensures compliance with code of ethical principles and standards of professional conduct for fundraising executives.
· Executes all other reasonable duties assigned by the DOD.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required and three to five years of related fundraising experience in an independent school or non-profit organization.
· Measurable success in managing an annual giving program.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· MICROSOFT OFFICE & GOOGLE SUITE– Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook functions as well as Google docs, sheets, calendar, etc.
· FUNDRAISING SOFTWARE – Strong working knowledge of fundraising and auction platforms such as Raiser’s Edge and Greater Giving.
· VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT – Experienced in recruiting, training, managing, and motivating volunteers.
· PROBLEM SOLVING & ANALYSIS – Strong ability to identify problems, conduct appropriate analysis and reach effective solutions commensurate with level of responsibility.
· MISSION – Must possess a spirit open to the pursuit of faith, integrity and truth.
· ORGANIZATION – Must possess ability to multitask, attend to detail, organize work effectively, meet deadlines and report status of work in a regular and systematic fashion; strong project management skills are essential.
· COMMUNICATION – Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills; basic presentation skills and ability to develop and present presentations to small and large groups.
· PEOPLE SKILLS – Strong interpersonal and social skills. Must seek to create and maintain positive relationships with employees, parents, alumnae, donors and other Academy constituencies encountered.
· INITIATIVE – Must possess the ability to proactively initiate, participate and follow through in strategic planning matters and on work assigned. Positive attitude and teamwork perspective is essential.
· LEARNING POSTURE – Must maintain a learning posture, embrace change and individual and institutional growth. Expected to participate in professional development training and the annual employee retreat.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
· Requires a majority of time (up to 70%) to be spent sitting.
· Some standing required and the ability to lift, carry and/or pull at least 10 pounds.
· Adverse movements required such as reaching overhead, bending, or crouching.
· Simultaneous/repetitive use of both hands is required for writing and data entry.
· Excellent sensory skills are important (sight, hearing and speech).
· May be required to attend evening meetings and/or travel off-campus to attend meetings. · · May be required to use personal vehicle in the course of employment.
To find out more, visit us at www.fsha.org. FSHA offers a rich and supportive environment, competitive salary and benefits, and a chance to make a difference in this important position. If this sounds like the career move you’ve been looking for, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put the job title in the subject line.
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified minorities, females, disabled persons, and veterans to apply. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.