Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
As part of an international network of Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary (RSHM) schools, Marymount High School is an independent, Catholic all-girls school with the core purpose of educating and empowering young women to live lives of consequence as ethical leaders with a global perspective and an unshakable commitment to the common good.
Marymount seeks to hire an enthusiastic educator to serve as our physical science teacher. The ideal candidate has computer science and robotics/engineering experience.
The Science Teacher is a part-time teacher and member of the Science Department, reporting to the Department Chair. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment where value is placed on the skills and passions of the instructor.
- Monitor progress of each student for mastery of course content, providing intervention or differentiation when necessary and appropriate, and consistent high quality feedback
- Offer collaborative and individual learning opportunities that support student growth
- Design lessons that are well-planned in terms of content, developmental appropriateness, and department sequencing
- Work alongside other teachers to coordinate lesson plans and course sequencing
- Develop learning experiences where inquiry, curiosity, and exploration are valued
- Create a learning environment where students feel safe and welcome
- Place a strong emphasis on learning, and the important role that mistakes play in learning
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, preferred; will consider candidates enrolled in relevant Master’s Degree programs
- Previous teaching experience preferred; at the high-school level preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years professional experience working in education and/or science/engineering related field
Marymount High School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marymount High School complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.