Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
Annual Fund Director
The Development department strengthens and stewards relationships with the entire community in order to acquire funding to ensure that Carondelet has the financial resources to carry out its mission and vision effectively. Development aims to increase operating revenues, the school’s endowment, and funding for defined comprehensive campaign projects. Development maintains an accurate database of alumnae, alumnae parents, friends and other constituents. Development is responsible for donor relations and stewardship, special event planning, and for the timely recording, receipting and acknowledging of gifts to Carondelet High School. In addition, this department provides research on corporations, foundations, and individuals able to assist in meeting the institutional mission, vision, goals, and objectives of Carondelet High School.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Development, and working in partnership with the Development, MarCom and Admissions teams, the Annual Fund Director will inspire and guide the Development Department in achieving this mission.
Summary of essential job functions
· According to goals established in partnership with the Executive Director of Development, implement all fundraising activities, including major gift pipelining, leadership gifts, annual giving, planned giving, special projects, fundraising events, and other school-related solicitations. Keep the goal of increased support and participation as the central guiding principle of the work.
· In partnership with the Executive Director of Development, develop and manage all strategies for donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship based on segmented donor constituencies. Propose and manage schedule and timing of all solicitation programs.
· Direct and supervise processes, programs and events to effectively steward and recognize all levels of donor philanthropy.
· Supervise the Director of Special Events and provide guidance and assistance for Visions of Christmas, Cougar Classic Golf Tournament, Crab Feed and all other events supporting the goals and objectives of the Development Office.
· Manage the Carondelet Annual Fund and direct the implementation of an effective Annual Fund program.
· Supervise the Development Database Analyst. Direct the efforts of gift processing and reconciliation between Development and the Business Offices. Supervise Development’s compliance with the annual audit in coordination with the Business Office.
· Supervise the effective use and training of Raiser’s Edge by the Development team.
· Supervise the creation of all donor reports, including annual stewardship reports to donors and the annual production of Many the Gifts (Carondelet’s donor honor roll).
· Work with the Executive Director of Development on the setting of an annual Development budget and revenue goals and monitor compliance throughout the year.
· Work closely with the Executive Director and the President, actively engage with volunteer leadership in support of strategic fundraising initiatives.
· Work closely with the Alumnae Engagement Director in fostering alumnae relations with the school and to effectively cultivate relationships with alumnae that will result in financial support for the institution.
· Develop grant proposals to foundations and corporations.
· Working in conjunction with the Executive Director of Development and MarCom team, represent the Development office in all communication methods and initiatives, including the web, the Carondeletter, parent newsletters, etc.
· Provide guidance and assistance with all communication, marketing methods and initiatives, including web, the Carondeletter, social media, email, etc.
· Serve as liaison, when necessary, with other fundraising groups of the school.
· Attend workshops and conferences to keep up-to-date with current development concepts.
· Represent Carondelet High School at all Development events and at other appropriate functions during the year.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and President.
§ Bachelor’s degree required
§ Five years of successful fund raising experience; experience in an educational environment preferred
§ Demonstrated record of working collaboratively and fostering a commitment to teamwork
§ Strong managerial, leadership, project management, and supervisory skills necessary
§ Exemplary oral and written communication skills required
§ Demonstrated ability to provide direction and motivation to staff and volunteers
§ Demonstrated analytical and fund raising skills with the ability to recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals
§ Skill and understanding of computer and constituent software including database management, gift processing and prospect management
§ Ability to listen carefully to understand constituents’ needs, both internally and externally, and proactively respond to those needs in a consistent and timely manner
§ Openness to new ideas and their implementation
§ Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If interested, please apply with resume, cover letter and salary requirement at: https://www.carondeleths.org/about/employment-opportunities