About Francis Parker School:
Francis Parker School is a coeducational independent day school in San Diego, California with 1315 students in grades JK-12. Founded in 1912, the school’s mission is “to create and inspire a diverse community of independent thinkers whose academic excellence, global perspective and strength of character prepare them to make a meaningful difference in the world.” Francis Parker School has two campuses in close proximity. One in Mission Hills (Lower School JK-5), and a second in Linda Vista (Middle and Upper School 6-8 and 9-12, respectively).
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Internal Communications, the Communications Specialist will work to develop exceptional written and designed communications materials in a variety of modalities including narratives, websites, email, social media, print, and others to inform the Parker community of key information, news, events, and other topics that advance the School’s mission and institutional goals.
o Research, write, and edit email newsletters and messages to ensure clear and accurate communication to constituents.
o Copyedit, proofread, and revise communications from multiple departments to ensure accuracy and quality.
o Create compelling written content for a variety of platforms including the School’s website, social media, email, magazine, and more.
o Support senior management, faculty, and staff as-needed with communications (i.e., slide presentations, one-pagers, etc.).
o Update and add content to the School’s websites.
o Regularly review the School’s websites to ensure information accuracy, proper display on multiple devices, and site health.
o Steward the School’s editorial and brand standards by ensuring consistency and visual integrity on all communications.
o Revise communications from multiple departments to ensure alignment with the School’s brand guidelines.
· Crisis Communications
o Participate in reputation management and media monitoring.
o Participate in crisis communications response and support.
o Act as a liaison with third-party vendors and assist in managing those relationships.
o Share administrative duties with other team members.
o Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related area.
· Two or more years of related experience, and/or equivalent experience and training.
· Solid knowledge of communications principles, concepts, strategies, and best practices.
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Current knowledge of social media platforms and current communications technology with the ability to demonstrate best practices.
· Proven project management skills and ability to drive a project from concept to completion.
· Experience with managing or updating websites.
· Ability to work well within a team and with other groups within the School.
· Ability to analyze data from campaigns and be able to draw insights with actionable recommendations based on the analysis.
· Experience collaborating/working with outside organizations.
· Acute attention to detail, accuracy, grammar, and punctuation.
· Strong time management skills.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow.
· Highly motivated, productive, and deadline oriented.
· Good judgment, tact, diplomacy, and ability to guard confidentiality.
Skilled in the use of:
· AP Style
· Google products such as Gmail, Drive, Docs, Slides, and Sheets
· Microsoft Office Suite
· Blackbaud OnProduct software
· Adobe software including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, and others
· Content management systems such as WordPress
· Social media monitoring software
· Working knowledge of HTML
Salary and Benefits:
Francis Parker School is committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty and staff through a substantial compensation plan, including competitive salary, TIAA retirement benefits and pro-rated health benefits. This part-time position is paid hourly. Individual salary is negotiable depending on years of experience and educational background.
Pay Range: $25 - $30 per hour, based on experience.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
If interested in the position, please fill out the electronic Francis Parker School Employment Application HERE. You will need to upload the following documents during this process: a cover letter and resume.
If you CANNOT or DO NOT wish to submit your application through the link above, a cover letter, resume, and a completed employment application should be submitted electronically to:
Lori Biggs, Head Marketing and Communications
Please find the PDF of our employment application here: find it here
Please indicate which position you are applying for in the subject line.
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present