Interim K-6 Education Technology Specialist/Long Term Substitute Teacher
3245 Sheffield Avenue
Oakland, CA 94602
Redwood Day is a vibrant K-8 school with students, faculty, and staff all learning together on our four-acre campus in the heart of Oakland. Everything we do is designed to keep every child engaged and growing. Academically, that means a world-class curriculum, the best teachers, and a focus on the individual student. Socially and emotionally, we teach students to work through challenges, respect each other’s differences, and honor their diverse community. We find great strength in multiple perspectives and embrace every opportunity to weave diversity in thought and action into our social, emotional, and academic lives.
Job Description and Desired Qualifications
The K-6 Education Technology Specialist and Long Term Substitute Teacher is a hybrid position that will be responsible for teaching specific computer based classes to students in Grades 2-6, including, but not limited to, foundational computer skills, digital citizenship, digital responsibility, information and media literacy. This position will also be responsible for preparing a mini-series of technology readiness classes for incoming 6th grade students to our Middle School program, in addition to serving as a substitute teacher for grades K through 5. If the individual has the skills and knowledge necessary, they may also assist the Technology Team with projects related to configuring software, evaluating existing hardware and software, and recommending new programs. Additional responsibilities include supervisory duties, active involvement in collaborative divisional meetings, and participation in various student and community activities as schedule permits.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Minimum of three to five years teaching experience either in core classroom or technology related discipline
- A natural rapport with children; understanding of developmental needs of 5-14 year olds
- Strong understanding of the evolving educational technology landscape
- Experience with Chromebooks, Google apps, Macintosh and various educational software to support curriculum and instruction
- Highly effective classroom management skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated commitment to creating diverse, equitable and inclusive learning environments for all students
Desired Qualifications and Traits:
- Teaching credential or Master’s Degree in Technology Education (preferred)
- Experience with project-based learning, STEAM integration, and interdisciplinary teaching
- A growth mindset and flexibility to adapt as the technology landscape evolves
Redwood Day offers highly competitive compensation and benefits.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job responsibilities are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities associated with the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with federal and state laws. Employment at Redwood Day is “at-will”. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Offers are contingent on passing a background check and TB assessment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and Redwood Day Application Form electronically by Friday, December 9, 2022, toInterimEducationTechSpecialist@rdschool.org Attn: John Loeser. No phone calls, please.
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present