Whom we’re looking for:
ESLA is seeking a Day Porter who believes in and models ESLA’s mission and virtues. The Day Porter will make sure the ESLA facility looks neat and presentable to the public. They help uphold the image of our school by performing maintenance including trash removal, front lobby support and restroom restocks. The Day Porter will have a mindset that demonstrates ESLA's belief that given access to a genuinely supportive environment all students have the ability to not only thrive but make a difference in their world as they passionately pursue their goals.
The ideal candidate is...
● Highly organized
● Ability to communicate effectively and create an effective cleaning schedule
● Demonstrated success in meeting the needs of an ethnically, culturally, socioeconomically, and linguistically diverse student body
About the Position:
This is a staff position that reports directly to the Director of Facilities and is also responsible to the Chief Financial Officer.
● Clean restrooms: disinfect fixtures, polish mirrors, and fill dispensers, as needed.
● Assist in cleaning kitchens, eating areas, and outdoor areas.
● Monitor building halls during school lunch.
● Clean and sweep buildings and grounds; maintain the facility in a clean and safe condition; pick up paper and other debris from grounds and buildings; empty and clean trash receptacles.
● Clean and polish furniture, woodwork, and metal surfaces.
● Scrape and strip wax from floors; mop and wax floors; vacuum carpets; pick up paper and other debris from turf and landscaped areas and buildings.
● Water plants, shrubs, hedges, and lawns; trim hedges, shrubs, and trees; weed grounds and gardens; rake leaves.
● Set up facilities for meetings, functions, and community events, as directed.
● Notify appropriate authorities concerning intruders or other potential threats to security of facilities, grounds, or safety of persons.
● Ensure all Covid-19 informational and directional signage is properly placed throughout campus.
● Restock all classrooms and offices with disinfectant wipes and sanitizer.
● Provide enhanced cleaning and disinfection of school premises with adequate time to let spaces air out before the start of the school day.
● Restock no-touch hand sanitizing stations throughout the campus.
● Wash windows and walls, clean blinds, as needed.
● Operate light grounds maintenance equipment such as electric shears and edgers.
● Operate sweepers, floor polishers and other custodial equipment.
● Make repairs to buildings and grounds system and equipment; change light bulbs.
● Assist Director of Facilities and Campus Safety, as needed.
● Assist the facilities team with general maintenance.
● Assist the facilities team with building projects.
● Other duties as assigned.
All or most of the following
Please send a cover letter and the following information with subject line “Day Porter” to email@example.com
This is a full-time, exempt position. Diverse and traditionally underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
ESLA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, military or veteran status, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law.
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present