Sr. Manager, Special Events
Level : Experienced
Job Location : Sacred Heart Schools Atherton - Atherton, CA
Position Type : Full Time 12 - Month Schedule of Duties
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Job Category : All Schools
Position Purpose: The Senior Manager of Special Events is a key member of the Advancement team and is involved with donor development and parent engagement at Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton and is responsible for producing all aspects of the Advancement Department events as a lead (75%) and as part of a team (25%).
• Under the supervision of the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Senior Manager of Special Events is responsible for the planning and implementation of all special events organized by the Advancement office with events ranging from small intimate dinners to an annual large-scale auction benefit with duties including but not limited to:
• Developing comprehensive plans and timelines for events; conducting postevent debriefings to evaluate successful elements and challenges encountered, incorporating that information into the planning and execution of subsequent events;
• Overseeing the production of events, including content development, venue selection and site visits, collateral materials, data management, RSVP management, catering, volunteer coordination, and eventday logistics.
• Developing and maintaining high professional standards and procedures for the execution of events. Lead all event related meetings ensuring proper communication with chairs and staff regarding event goals, responsibilities and followup.
• Recruit, direct, guide, solicit, and steward parent Auction volunteers, including co-chairs. Maintaining exemplary relationships with event chairs, volunteers and vendors while identifying appropriate new business relationships.
• Identify and solicit prospects for donations for annual auction to include auction items, underwriting, and in kind donations of goods or services.
• Track and collect funds raised for special events. Monitor progress of registration, ticket sales, rsvps and adjust plans as appropriate. Work with the Director of Institutional Advancement to create income and attendance projections for events. Conduct post-event follow up reports, meetings and action steps.
• Work with CFO and Controller to manage budget and track and collect funds raised for events. Review and approve invoices for payment; maintaining regular tracking of actual expenses against budget. Complete pre and post event reconciliations with the business office.
• Work closely with and negotiate with external vendors to coordinate goods and services for special events. Manage relationships and bidding process to ensure the best service and most efficient cost for goods and services. Negotiating vendor contracts within strict budgetary parameters.
• Collaborate with the Director of Institutional Advancement, Advancement Team, Parent Associations and School Administration Council to provide oversight to the planning and implementation of SHS community events.
• Serves as the Advancement Office liaison to the Parents' Associations and assists with their events by cultivating relationships and providing guidance for event development, budgeting, promotion, logistics and other issues as applicable. Ensure school messaging and brand standards are upheld.
• Coordinates with the Director of Communications to develop marketing messages and collateral marketing materials for special events.
• Work with the Director of Admissions to implement a New Parent program aiding in the transition from student admittance to the start of school onboarding. Including but not limited to Welcome Events, volunteer opportunities, etc.
• Develop and implement recruitment plans and fundraising strategies (as applicable) for events. Organize, recruit and train event volunteers as needed. Assist in the recruitment, cultivation and stewardship of volunteers.
• Work with the Director of Institutional Advancement to envision, execute and lead a comprehensive donor stewardship program.
• Proactively support Director of Institutional Advancement, annual, and alumni manager in design and execution of annual stewardship plans.
• Regularly review management tools to insure regular and timely stewardship.
• Work with the Director of Institutional Advancement to review existing donor recognition societies and associated events to maximize impact and effectiveness.
• Bachelors degree (related field preferred, i.e, Marketing, Communications or Project Management) 4 -7 years of experience working directly in fundraising and/or event planning. Previous work experience in a school or non-profit environment is greatly valued.
• A clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school as articulated in the https://www.shschools.org/about/mission--educational-philosophy/educational-philosophy and professional behavior based on it.
• Demonstrated successful experience negotiating purchasing contracts.
• Experience with online event registration tools. Proficiency with Raiser's Edge or other similar donor management software is strongly preferred.
• Must be comfortable and successful working both independently and as part of a team.
• Established track record of achieving goals on time and on budget.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and consistently produce quality work in a deadline-driven environment. Demonstrated outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to keep to a plan and pivot as needed.
• Ability to produce professional-quality documents in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Suite.
• Passionate about being part of a team with a firm commitment to customer service and stewardship.
• Flexible, with a high tolerance for change, ambiguity and a fast-paced environment.
• High level of professionalism and willingness to go the extra mile to reach goals.
• Demonstrated excellent punctuality and attendance.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Works in a highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied array of contacts.
• Must comply with all state vaccination requirements and show proof of vaccination including but not limited to COVID-19 or proof of eligibility for exemption.
• Must be able to regularly move safely and comfortably over a 64-acre campus.
• May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time (up to 10+ hours per day).
• Be able to regularly lift up to 10lbs and on occasion, safely lift up to 30 lbs.
• Work primarily in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and outside in weather ranging from cold and wet to very warm (80+ degrees).
• Available and willing to work evenings and weekends, as required.
Salary: Please note that if there is a salary estimate listed for this position, it is being automatically generated from the career website and may not be an accurate reflection on the salary for this position. However, we offer competitive compensation based on years of experience and skills level. This position offers health and welfare benefits subject to plan parameters, including medical, dental, vision, Life & LTD, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3042498
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present