Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Part-Time Middle School Music Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a Middle School instrumental music teacher to teach 60% beginning in January of 2022. We are looking for individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with experience in teaching middle school age students and one or more degrees in music or music education.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
● Teach three sections of Middle School music
● Provide specialized instruction in woodwinds and brass (flute, saxophone, trumpet, and clarinet)
● Make music meaningful and relevant by inspiring students
● Communicate with students and parents as necessary
● Revise and plan new curriculum in conjunction with other members of the music department
● Incorporate educational technology throughout instruction and course work
● Perform additional duties, such as leading a club and chaperoning events, as needed
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
● Strong collaboration skills
● An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
● A commitment to diversity and inclusion
● A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Middle School Director
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present