ST. ANNE SCHOOL
St. Anne School, a private independent Catholic School in Laguna Niguel, is seeking an exceptional Teaching Assistant for Grades K thru 1st grade. A valid teaching credential along with a minimum of two years teaching assistant experience is preferable. We are looking for a talented, creative, hard-working, team player with a broad-range of artistic skills, along with an appreciation of developmental characteristics of elementary school students to join our strong faculty.
· Acts as a role model of professionalism in a Catholic environment.
· Supports the philosophy, policies, and goals of the school, as well as the decisions made by the Board of Directors and Administrators.
· Insures the health, safety, and welfare of all students.
· Holds in strict confidence all matters pertaining to the school.
· Adheres to all policies and procedures as outlined in the Parent/Student Handbook and Employee Handbook.
· Attends faculty and administrative meetings as needed.
The Teaching Assistant will assist the teacher in the classroom environment and will be assigned to a class or program in Kindergarten or First Grade. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- All School Masses, Chapels, and assemblies
- Christmas Program
- Committee Meetings as requested
- All other activities as designated by the school
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Hours: Ten-month, hourly non-exempt employee.
Hours are 7:30 am – 3:30 pm Monday thru Friday.
Reports to: Grade level team leader, under the direction of the teacher and the Principal/Head of School
Please send cover letter, resume, references, and transcripts (if applicable) to the Director of Human Resources, Melissa Vergara, at email@example.com.
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present