The mission of the Idyllwild Arts Foundation is changing lives through the transformative power of art.
The Idyllwild Arts Academy provides pre-professional training in the arts and a comprehensive college preparatory curriculum to a diverse student body of gifted young artists from all over the world.
The Idyllwild Arts Summer Program provides arts instruction and experiences of the highest caliber to a diverse student population of all ages and abilities.
Idyllwild is a small town located at over 5,000 feet on the western slopes of California's San Jacinto Mountains. Even though it seems far from the hustle and bustle of city life, the town and campus frequently hosts music festivals, prominent speakers and artists, and community events. Also, it is only two hours by car to Los Angeles and San Diego.
The Student Services Coordinator manages the school's attendance system. He/she will, on a daily basis, monitor attendance reports. Will follow up with students who are red flagged with unexcused absences. Communicate directly with teachers to help consistently enforce expectations regarding each teacher's responsibility to complete in class attendance consistently. Communicate directly with students and families about unexcused absences and remind them of our policies and consequences for not meeting attendance expectations. Work closely with the Assistant Dean of Students regarding these all issues.
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability and desire to work within the Idyllwild community, Riverside County, or commute a reasonable distance, that does not impede on-time arrival during winter months.
Obtain and maintain a valid California Driver License, pass a criminal history background check as required by California Education Code Section 44237, and pass a TB test.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS
While Performing The Duties Of This Position An Incumbent May Be Required To:
· Regularly remain sedentary for long periods of time in meetings and while processing information and paper work both manually and on a computer.
· Specific vision abilities include close, distance and color vision perception and the ability to adjust eye focus. Reaching with the hands and arms and use of hands to finger, type, and manipulate a computer keyboard and mouse is required.
· Additionally, the incumbent must be able to converse in clear English both written and orally, over a telephone and in person, and be able to make public presentations.
· Work hours vary and may include days, nights, and weekends.
· Reasonable accommodation will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Idyllwild Arts Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/idyllwildarts/jobs/1929161-552596
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present