This is a part-time position.
Start Date: August 2021
San Francisco Waldorf High School is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced physical education teacher to start in August 2021.
This is an hourly position which includes six hours teaching PE per week and up to ten administrative hours per week.
Waldorf Education is the fastest growing independent school movement in the world. This dynamic, 100-year-old approach to child development and education—based on the teachings of Rudolf Steiner—is continually reinventing itself to meet the needs of current students. Waldorf education inspires life-long learning in students and enables them to fully develop their unique capacities.
The San Francisco Waldorf School (SFWS) was founded in 1979 and serves more than 450 students across a parent-child program, a nursery program, kindergarten, and the first through twelfth grades. The high school campus is in the West Portal neighborhood which is easily accessible via Muni lines.
· Teaching six PE lessons a week: two with Grade 9, two with Grade 10 and two with the Grade 11 and 12 PE Elective. Currently these classes are taught in the afternoon after 1:25.
· Coordinating the Grade 11 and 12 elective PE program:
× Create a list of electives for each block and coordinate teachers
× Organize student sign-ups for each elective and make rosters with registrar
× Coordinate with the Athletic Director on the use of vans for off-campus electives
× Other administrative duties as necessary
· Writing reports for students at the end of each semester.
· Administering the PE budget in coordination with the Outdoor Education Coordinator, buying equipment, budgeting for programs and outside facilities, communicating with the business office etc.
· Supervising student lunch periods
This is a non-exempt, hourly position. Benefits include those required by San Francisco.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
· Be able to occasionally lift to 30 lbs.
· Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including heat and cold
· Regularly sitting or standing 4-8 hours
FLSA Classification: Hourly; Non-Exempt from overtime
Reports to: High School Chair
Hired by: High School Steering Committee
Date Modified: February 2021
San Francisco Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We recognize that the range of ethnicities, nationalities, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance the school’s learning environment, and we are committed to fostering equity and inclusion.
Please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present