ST. ANNE SCHOOL
Director of Campus Ministry
Purpose and Scope: Under the supervision and direction of the Head of School, the Director of Campus Ministry helps create an environment which encourages and guides all members to contribute to the Catholic identity of the campus and the formation of a faith community which responds to the spiritual and developmental needs of the students, teachers, staff and parents. In collaboration with the school’s leadership team, school chaplain, faculty and staff, parents, students, and parishes, the Director of Campus Ministry brings to life a campus rich in the opportunity to explore faith within the parameters of the school’s spirituality, spiritual growth of the school community, prayer, discipleship, sacramental experiences, social justice and preparation of leaders in Christian service for society.
· Acts as a role model of professionalism in a Catholic environment.
· Supports the philosophy, policies, and goals of the school, as well as the decisions made by the Head of School.
· Insures the health, safety, and welfare of all students.
· Holds in strict confidence all matters pertaining to the school.
· Adheres to all policies and procedures as outlined in the Parent/Student Handbook and Employee Handbook.
· Attends faculty and administrative meetings as needed.
Essential Job Functions
A. Forming a Faith Community
· Facilitates an atmosphere of Christian hospitality where all feel welcome, based on Catholic faith traditions and rituals;
· Acknowledges and celebrates diversity within the school community;
· Communicates regularly with the Head of School, chaplain, faculty, staff, students and parents regarding campus ministry activities, programs and projects;
· Works collaboratively with the administration and chaplain in the development of faith centered programs that involve alumni, donors, and parents.
D. Prayer and Sacramental experiences
E. Campus Ministry Offices and Social Justice
F. Additional Job Functions
G. Christian Service Program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· Demonstrates personal self-discipline, is adaptable and flexible in routine and unexpected situations
· Has skills in communication, initiative, creativity, and problem solving
· Able to work in a team setting
Must also be able to perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
· Practicing Catholic with an active sacramental and faith-life and in good standing with the Church
· Bachelor’s degree (Masters degree preferred)
· Has or working toward Religion Certification
· Religion Certification renewed every three years
· Received Safe Environment Training and signed the Code of Professional Conduct
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard classroom setting.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a classroom setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Hours: Twelve-month, exempt salaried employee, Schedule A
Reports to: Head of the School
This is a full-time, Salary, exempt position. Full medical benefits and pension plan included. Salary is commensurate with experience and education. Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to our Director of Human Resources, Melissa Vergara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present