About Francis Parker School:
Francis Parker School is a coeducational independent day school in San Diego, California with 1235 students in grades JK-12. Founded in 1912, the school’s mission is “to create and inspire a diverse community of independent thinkers whose academic excellence, global perspective and strength of character prepare them to make a meaningful difference in the world”.
Overlooking Mission Valley, two separate campuses serve students in Lower School–junior kindergarten through 5th grade; Middle School – 6th grade through 8th grade and Upper School – 9th grade through 12th grade. As a college preparatory school, Parker offers a comprehensive program that includes twenty-five advanced placement courses as well as a rich palette of electives – all designed to meet the individual needs of our students.
Francis Parker School seeks a qualified 2D art and design instructor. This position requires a 6-week commitment from 6/28/2021-8/6/2021 (8:30 am-12:30 pm Virtual, 12:30-3:30 pm On-Campus). Must be available for on-boarding no later than 6/1/21.
● Lead and support both Middle and Upper students through the summer course offering according to individual abilities and experience. Middle and Upper School students can register for 3-week sessions. While Upper School students seeking credit will participate for 6 weeks, virtually.
● Middle/Upper School Students (Enrichment): This class introduces and positions students to experience a wide range of artistic media, including graphite pencil, colored pencil, ink pen, watercolor, and acrylic paint. Work is done on an illustration board and in a sketchbook.
● Upper School Students (For-Credit): This Summer course is a year-long foundation 2-D Art course that explores drawing and two-dimensional design concepts through studio practice and research. A wide range of media and techniques are studied in relation to the Elements of Art and Principles of Design including drawing, painting, printmaking, collage and mixed media. Students are encouraged to investigate Art from various cultural, social and historical backgrounds, and to be aware of the Arts in the contemporary world. The pursuit of ideas and creative thinking will be continually enhanced, in conjunction with the expansion of sound technical skills. As the course progresses, students select media and subject matter that best communicate their ideas and strengths in preparation for advanced studio practice.
● A minimum of 2 years of teaching experience with an art concentration
● A background working with middle and high school students is preferred
● Current CPR and First Aid Certification is required
Salary and Benefits:
This is an Exempt Seasonal position from 6/28/2021-8/6/2021, paying a stipend (pay will depend on experience).
This position is not eligible for benefits.
Non-Discrimination: Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the School’s non-discrimination policies, including its Title IX policy:
Name: Katharine Wardle
Title: Assistant Head of School for Finance and Operations
Office Address: A114, Francis Parker School, 6501 Linda Vista St., San Diego, CA 92111
Telephone Number: 858 / 775-0430
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance related to Title IX or other civil rights laws, please contact OCR at OCR@ed.gov or 800-421-3481, TDD 800-877-8339.
A cover letter, resume and completed employment application should be submitted electronically to:
Director of Summer and Extended Day Programs
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line
Cal-ISBOA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
Copyright ISBOA 2011 — Present