Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
Park Century School was founded in 1968 as an independent not-for-profit, co-educational day school to meet the needs of children who learn differently. Park Century serves students between the ages of 7 to 14, or grades 2nd to 8th, living in the South Bay to the San Fernando Valley and throughout the greater Los Angeles area. Park Century’s mission is to empower bright children with learning differences to reach their academic and personal potential. Students flourish within our individualized, evidence-based curriculum and supportive environment. In collaboration with their families, the school inspires students to develop into resilient self-advocates and builds a foundation for lifelong achievement.
Park Century School is seeking an energetic and outgoing professional to provide comprehensive teaching instruction. This position requires a passion for working with children, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and sensitivity to confidential matters. In addition, the candidate must have extensive computer skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
· As lead teacher for a classroom, you will be responsible for instruction in Social Studies, Language Arts (writing, grammar, spelling and vocabulary), and Study Skills/Executive Function Skills.
· Ability to individualize/modify curriculum is a must.
· Ongoing, effective communication between home and school and with outside professionals is required.
· Classroom teachers will attend weekly faculty meetings, and are expected to collaborate with fellow teachers on program and curriculum development.
· Provide students with opportunities and support in the development of critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Classroom teachers are also responsible for coordinating student team meetings with specialists and administrators in order to discuss, evaluate and adjust individual student programs.
· Organization of the classroom;
· Every classroom teacher has the assistance of a full-time Associate Teacher in the classroom.
· The candidate must have an undergraduate degree
· A Master's degree and a degree in education is preferred
· Experience in special education is a plus
· Have passion for personal and professional growth
Exempt, regular full-time
Reports to Deans
Hours will range between 7:45 am-3:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
Please direct your cover letter and resume to Evelyn Zuk, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com