Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
Job Title: School-Wide Administrative Assistant
Department: Admissions and Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Enrollment Management and Human Resources Manager
FLSA status: Non Exempt
Revised: June 2018
To Apply: If you would like to apply for this position, please access the link to our online application management system at http://www.marlborough.org/about/employment
The School-Wide Administrative Assistant is a full-time position that is split between the Admissions Office (70%) and other School administrative offices (30%).
In her/his work in the Admissions Office, the Administrative Assistant serves in a highly visible and fast-paced office, and the individual in this position plays a significant role in a prospective family’s first impression of Marlborough School. S/he must be service-oriented and have the ability to be flexible and multi-task in an ever-changing environment. It is essential for the person in this position to effectively interact with and serve a variety of constituents, including applicant parents, students, volunteers, faculty, and staff. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are essential. Computer proficiency, particularly in working with database programs, is required.
As part of the Admissions team, this position works side-by-side with the Admissions Assistant and reports to the Director of Enrollment Management.
Admissions Job Duties
· Processes check requests and tracks other School budgets under the purview of the Director of Enrollment Management.
· Provides general support for other programs as requested by the Director of Enrollment Management.
School-wide Job Duties
· At least 3 to 5 years of experience providing administrative support; preferably in an independent school.
· Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; resourceful problem solver; high level of discretion and proven record of maintaining confidentiality and sound judgment.
· Strong working knowledge of Google platforms and Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Highly organized with an ability to work successfully either independently or in a group setting.
· Strong customer-service orientation and overall team player.