Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
Job Title: Staff Accountant (AR and PR)
Department: Business Office
Reports to: Business Manager/Controller
FLSA status: Exempt
Revised: July 2017
Responsible for accounts payable and payroll processing; and other general accounting and clerical functions and duties as assigned.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for weekly accounts payable processing, including data entry, scanning of invoices, mailing and ensuring proper coding of all invoices, check requests, and expense reimbursements, as per policy.
· Responsible for following-up and research on all accounts payable inquiries.
· Maintains accounts payable vendor files, including weekly filing of payments.
· Ensures vendor files include current W9; prepares and files annual 1099 reports.
Credit Card Processing
· Processes semi-monthly payroll, including non-exempt timecard processing.
· Oversees the importing of payroll information into the payroll system from the HR system.
· Coordinates with the Human Resources Office to ensure that all pay changes and deductions are reflected appropriately in the payroll system.
· Produces payroll reports necessary to reconcile to General Ledger and performs timely reconciliations.
· Prepares all journal entries related to payroll and employee benefits.
· Reconciles annual W-2 reports.
· Assists in workers’ compensation audit.
· Provides general assistance with regard to clerical administration and other support needs, including general school community events and other related responsibilities.
· Bachelors’ Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
· Minimum of three years’ experience in bookkeeping and/or accounting and finance, preferably in accounts payable and payroll processing
· Non-Profit/Independent School sector experience preferable.
· Requires solid knowledge and understanding of accounting principles.
· Highly detail oriented, well-organized, flexible, and collaborative individual who enjoys working in a team-driven environment.
· Able to multitask in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, while always maintaining a customer service focus.
· Common sense, professional decorum, and clear and concise communication skills are critical due to regular interaction with parents, faculty, administrators, and business partners.
· Experience in Blackbaud Financial Edge preferred.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
· Proficient in Google applications, including Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Docs.