Support | Solutions | Professional Advancement
The German International School of Silicon Valley (GISSV) is a private school from Preschool through 12th Grade with a bilingual German-English educational program. Upon graduation, our students earn a German International Abitur and take part in all qualifications and exams needed for an American High School Diploma. We serve children of all nationalities in the San Francisco Bay Area and are accredited by the German Government and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
For our location in Mountain View we are looking for a committed Admissions Assistant.
POSITION PURPOSE: The Admissions Assistant supports the work of the Director of Admissions and Financial Aid to support the admissions goals of the School. This role plays the key function of keeping the admissions office running smoothly, ensuring further digitization of the admissions process and student files, and coordinating the applicant evaluation process.
LOCATION: This position is located at the Mountain View campus and might require occasional travel to the San Francisco and Emeryville campus locations.
The Admissions Assistant is responsible for supporting the admissions process and procedures and serves as a support to the Director of Admissions and Financial Aid. He or she provides appropriate and accurate information to applicant parents, interested educators, and faculty and staff. Some evening and weekend hours for events are required.
The Admissions Assistant reports to the Director of Admissions and Financial Aid and is part of the extended administrative team. Responsibilities include:
• Create and maintain prospective student and applicant records (electronic and hard-copy files)
• Create and maintain Admissions reports and statistics (incl. required reporting on educational and immunization data to state authorities)
• Assist with Admissions office’s contact with prospective parents, e.g. taking phone inquiries, understanding the needs of the inquirers, answering questions, providing information, scheduling admissions tours
• Assist with scheduling and coordinating admissions screenings and student visits
• Assist with Admissions correspondence including mass mailings and individual communications
• Assist with distributing information on new students to faculty/staff as needed
• Assist in preparation and organization of Admissions Events (10-15 events per year, primarily on weekday evenings or weekends), incl. but not limited to sending invitations and managing RSVPS, overseeing registration at events and data entry of participant lists, entering data following each event
• Maintain inventory of Admissions Materials
• Oversee Picture Day at all campuses and the implementation of those photos in various areas (student/employee database, ID cards, website, yearbook, etc.)
• Other administrative duties and/or projects as assigned
• Previous experience in a similar position or an equivalent school or other non-profit administrative position; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Superb organizational skills, a drive to do things efficiently and effectively and attention to detail with simultaneous projects and deadlines
• Ability to deal with tasks that require significant processing of data.
• Strong office technology skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database programs, experience with Senior Systems or other student information system preferred
• Ability for repetitive hand motions, prolonged use of computer
• Self-starter who shows initiative and creativity
• Energetic personality, positive attitude, sense of humor, ability to balance competing demands and ability to improvise or change plans as the situation requires.
• An appreciation for, and understanding of, an international environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills – preferably in English and German
• Availability to work nights and weekends on occasion
FLSA Classification: non-exempt, regular full-time
Reports To: Director of Admissions and Financial Aid
Location: Mountain View
Please direct your completed application, including a cover letter, resume, diplomas, reference letters, transcripts, etc. to Anja Friebe, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, e-mail subject “Admissions/Your Name”.